AVATIL values the assistance and support provided by volunteers in its programs and activities.
If you are interested in volunteering for AVATIL, these are some activities where we would need your help from time to time:
- Comitas (older clients) potluck lunches on Saturdays, 6 times/year
- Driving Comitas members to the potluck lunches
- Comitas quilting group and/or art group
- Preparing and serving food at monthly shared suppers for all clients
- Annual walkathon, annual Christmas party, for all
- Other group social activities – such as outings for client groups with staff members
- Maintenance of the gardens or minor repairs at AVATIL residences
- If you have an interest or an expertise in areas related to the management of the organization at the committee level (Board and/or ad hoc committees), we would welcome your input when the need arises. Examples of areas of expertise include accountancy, legal expertise, social media, public relations and fundraising and experience in other community organizations.
If you are an AVATIL member interested in volunteering some of your time, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at the AVATIL office (514-634-8944) with your availability (day, evening, weekend). Your name will be placed on a list and you will be contacted when we need you.
If you are not an AVATIL member, please complete the volunteer application form and return it to us by email or by mail.
Our screening measures include an interview, reference checks and a police check.
Thank you for your interest in being part of the AVATIL community.
Please download the volunteer application form here and send it to us by email or by mail.
387, 40th Avenue